USA Tourist / Business Visa Requirements:
- Passport:Original Passport with validity of minimum six months after the intended date of departure and minimum two blank pages for visa stamp.
a) Copy of previous passports and visas issued.
b) Attach all your old passports (if any).
c) If any visa request was refused, details of original letter issued by the authorities of that country would be preferred.
- United States Visa Application Form:Visa application form must be filled and signed by the applicant.
- Photo Specification:Two recent passport size photographs with matt or semi matt finish, 60-80% face coverage, white background and without border (Size: 35mm x 45mm)
Please Note: Photograph should not be more than 3 months old, scanned/stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
- Covering-Letter:Covering Letter from applicant name, designation, Passport Number, purpose and outlining who will be responsible for the full costs of the trip – travel, accommodation, expenses etc. Addressed to – The Visa Officer, Embassy of United States, Dhaka.
- Invitation Letter: (If Any)
- Forwarding-Letter: a)Forwarding Letter / NOC from the applicant’s company authority on the company’s letter head stating applicant’s name, designation, passport number, purpose and duration of visit. b)Visa request letter from the educational institute or student card/evidence of school enrollment (if student)
- Proof of Occupation: a) Company registration certificate (original notarized English translated and photocopy of the original) if the applicant is a first time traveler or a proprietor. b) Office ID card copy & Visiting cards.
- Financials: a) Company’s or Personal Bank Statement for last six months mentioning the Bank’s name, Bank’s Telephone Number clearly. b) Salary slip for the last six months. (If Any)
- Airline & Hotel Reservation:Ticket Itinerary & Hotel Booking.
U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh
Madani Avenue, Baridhara,
Dhaka -1212, Bangladesh
Phone: (+88) 02 885 5500
Fax: (+88) 02 882 3744
Office Hours: Sunday to Thursday (08:00 AM – 16:30 PM) except holidays.
The Embassy’s Consular Section provides a wide variety of visa services to Bangladeshi and other foreign nationals here in Bangladesh.
Non-Immigrant Visas: Processes applications for temporary visas to the United States including tourist visas, business visas, student visas, and temporary work permits.
Non-Immigrant visa categories and qualifications: Most applicants for non-immigrant visas travel to the United States for tourism, business, study, or temporary work.
A passport valid for six months beyond the period of your intended stay in the United States. Children must have an individually issued visa, even if placed in a parent’s passport. Applicants for visitor visas must show that they qualify under provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Applicants must demonstrate that they are properly classifiable as visitors under U.S. law.
The presumption in the law is that every visitor visa applicant is an intending immigrant. Therefore, applicants for visitor visas must overcome this presumption by demonstrating:
- That the purpose of their trip is to enter the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical treatment;
- That they plan to remain for a specific, limited period;
- Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the United States;
- Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad; and
- That they have a residence outside the U.S. as well as other binding ties that will ensure their return abroad at the end of the visit.
The visitor visa is a type of non-immigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2).
Applicants for visitor visas must show that they qualify under provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Applicants must demonstrate that they are properly classifiable as visitors under U.S. law.
For more information, Click here